Historic Timeline

1826
1826

Market House replaced

Market House replaced
Gothic stone Market Cross erected to replace the Market House which went on to reside in the grounds of Myddleton House Gardens where it can still be seen today.
1819
1819

Mr Isaac Padman

Mr Isaac Padman
Mr Isaac Padman – the sum of £1,000 to be invested amongst the poor and religious
1806
1806

Eaton and Meyer’s Gift

Eaton and Meyer’s Gift
Eaton and Meyer’s Gift – all estate in Enfield to six poor widows
1780
1780

Charter of King George III

Charter of King George III
Charter of King George III – freedom granted to inhabitants of Enfield for goods, wares and merchandises
1775
1775

Mary Turpin’s Gift

Mary Turpin’s Gift
Mary Turpin’s Gift – £200 in trust for three poor girls
1763
1763

Ann Crowe

Ann Crowe
Ann Crowe’s Almshouses were built
1740
1740

Enfield Workhouse Rebuilt

Enfield Workhouse Rebuilt
Enfield Workhouse, Chase Side, rebuilt £3624 – 13s 4d a year = part of Smith’s Gift
1681
1681

Thomas Piggot’s Gift

Thomas Piggot’s Gift
Thomas Piggot’s Gift of 10 shillings yearly to distribute bread to the Poor of Ponders End
1632
1632

John David

John David’s Gift of the rents and profits to the relief of four poor aged widows of the Parish of Enfield